I love lists.
I make lists for every aspect of my day; to-do lists, future plans, what food I need to buy, what I am worried about, what I’m happy about. And so on and so forth.
With that in mind I have complied a small list outlining what I would love to achieve in my time here. I can’t believe I haven’t done this sooner! I have decided I will achieve these 30 things in the next 16 months. Who wants to help me!
- Climb a mountain. Preferably an easy one. You know, broken ankle and all. ✔
- Take a road trip. With a car. Malaysia. Tunes. Sunshine.✔
- See the fireflies. Find out how to get there.
- Go on holiday by myself. To quote Miss Henderson AGAIN, ‘ I am a strong independent woman and I don’t need no man’.
- Pass grade 1 saxophone. In July a bunch of staff at BSKL are taking up a new instrument for charity! You can sponsor us here. I need to tell more people so I will practice more!✔
- Learn to cook a good plate of fried rice.
- Take a train. North/South/East/West don’t care!
- Go to Gili Islands in Lombok.
- Take a boat in Vietnam
- Go up the Petronas towers.
- Go to the Phillipines.
- Visit New Zealand.
- Meet a monkey in Borneo. Not get too friendly. Becca doesn’t share food!✔
- Full moon party. Tick off Darshi’s #30thingsbefore30 list!
- Hike to a Waterfall.✔
- Get a tattoo. And another piercing.
- Write my name on public property. ✔
- Turn off my phone for at least 24 hours. ✔
- Climb a tree. ✔
- Try Lobster. I am from Sussex after all.✔
- Meet a famous Malysian. I’ve seen a prince from afar- does that count?✔
- Sew a quilt with African and Asian fabric.
- Go to Tioman and Perhentian Islands. One’s already booked. Wahoo.✔
- Tie dye all the things. Housemate goals.✔
- Have a Spa day. ✔
- Be able to run again.✔
- Drive a car in the city. Live to tell the tale.
- Bake a cake for someone special. Just because. As colourful as humanly possible.✔
- Spend an evening listening to Jazz in no black tie. ✔
- Try Surfing.
Let’s do this!